Even among rail passes, Eurail Passes are unique. There are two specific types:
- Eurail Global Pass lets travelers journey easily by rail among any of the 31 participating European countries.
- Eurail One Country Pass offers extensive travel on the national rail network of a single country – with 25 one-country passes to choose from!
The Eurail Global Pass
For your ultimate explorers, the Eurail Global Pass gives travelers extensive rail travel on the national railroads of the participating 31 Eurail countries: Austria, Belgium, Bosnia Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Montenegro, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Turkey (Liechtenstein and Monaco are considered part of Austria and France, respectively).
The Eurail Global Pass also offers discounts for Youth travelers under 28 years of age, and for Senior travelers 60 and over. And up to two children (4-11 years of age) ride free with each adult traveler.
- 1st and 2nd class accommodations for Adult, Senior and Youth
- Continuous pass for 15 or 22 days or one, two or three months
- Flexi pass for 3, 5 or 7 days within a one-month period or 10 or 15 days within a two-month period.
Eurail Global Pass Itinerary Idea:
Famous European Cities Tour, visit 10 cities in 7 countries.
- Visit: Paris (France), Amsterdam (Netherlands), Berlin (Germany), Prague (Czech Rep.), Vienna (Austria), Munich (Germany), Venice (Italy), Geneva (Switzerland), Nice (France)
- Pass Validity: 7 days in one-month
- Trip Duration: 24 days (suggested)
- Starts in: Paris
- Ends in: Nice
- Pass Benefits included in this route: Exclusive discount on pre-booked entrance ticket to Disneyland ® Paris, VIP voucher at Batavia Stad Amsterdam Fashion Outlet, discounted accommodation with Meininger Hotels in Germany, Austria, and Netherlands, free access to first-class lounges in Amsterdam, Prague, and Vienna Stations, discount on the French Riviera Pass to explore Nice and the Côte d’Azur
Eurail Itinerary Idea for four countries:
Essential Europe On Track Tour, visit 8 cities in 4 countries.
- Visit: Frankfurt (Germany), Munich (Germany), Zurich (Switzerland), Bern (Switzerland), Milan (Italy), Nice (France) Lyon (France), Paris (France)
- Pass Validity: 7 days in one month
- Trip Duration: 21 days (suggested)
- Starts in: Frankfurt
- Ends in: Paris
- Pass Benefits included in this route: 10% discount at hotels in Switzerland, Germany and Austria; discounted tickets for sightseeing tours in Italian cities, 20% off one Lyon City Card and 50% off the 2nd Lyon City Card, free transport on S-Bahn networks in major German Cities, exclusive discount on pre-booked entrance ticket to Disneyland® Paris.
Eurail One Country Passes
There’s no better way to venture beyond some of the more popular destinations and discover Europe’s lesser-known jewels, or do a deep dive into a single country.
A Eurail One Country Pass provides extensive rail travel on any one of the following country’s national rail networks or, in the case of the Greek Islands Pass, shipping network:
|Benelux (Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg)||Hungary||Scandinavia (Sweden, Finland, Norway, Denmark)|
- 1st or 2nd class accommodations
- 3, 4, 5, 6, or 8 days within a one-month period
- Discounts for Youth, Senior, and up to two children (4-11 years of age) ride free with each adult traveler.
For answers to Eurail FAQ’s, check out this easy-to-understand video.