This training course is designed specifically to teach you how to promote Eurail passes and influence your clients to include them as part of their European travel itineraries. Review the training materials online at your own pace and sell Rail Europe’s full Eurail product portfolio with confidence and ease.
TRAC® is the quick, convenient way for you to gain the knowledge you need to offer your clients a more affordable and exciting trip to Europe, inclusive of rail.
Anyone who has traveled with a Eurail pass knows the benefits of rail travel — convenience, comfort, speed, reliability, and affordability. But even for travel professionals, making sense of all the products and passes can sometimes be a challenge. That’s what TRAC® is for.
Get an edge on your competition while earning CEUs (Continuing Education Units). Learn all about the advantages of train travel and how it can fit into almost any European itinerary (think pre or post cruise) to make it a more rewarding, affordable, and authentic experience for your client.
The Eurail Advantage
With a rail pass in hand your clients will be able to travel throughout 28 countries across Europe with flexibility, freedom, and comfort; discovering cities, towns, and villages; big and small, connecting with nature and people along the way. Though there is a vast variety of Eurail Passes available to choose from, they all have these things in common:
- Freedom: quick and easy borderless travel through the diverse countries of Europe, all well connected by rail.
- Flexibility: no limit to the number of trains that can be taken on each travel day.
- Convenience: the best way to experience, and discover Europe plus no baggage fees and no weight restrictions.
- Family Friendly: 2 children ages 4-11 travel free per Adult pass (children under 4 can travel free unless a separate seat or bed is requested) plus discounts for Youth under 28 and specially priced Saver Passes for 2 or more people traveling together.
What does a Eurail Pass cover?
Eurail passes cover travel on trains that are operated by the national rail networks of each country listed on the pass. A Eurail Pass holder is also entitled to an extensive list of extra benefits such as free or discounted access to public transport, scenic railway routes in several destinations, free access to many first-class lounges (with a first class pass) and free and/or discounted ferry and boat trips, city cards, railway museums and more.
A Eurail pass covers the majority of your client’s train journeys in Europe, but it’s good to remind them that high-speed trains, night trains and some scenic trains need to be reserved in advance. The reservation fee (called a passholder fare) may include extra benefits, depending on the train and class of travel. Please note: Eurail passes are not accepted on Italo trains in Italy. A separate train ticket would need to be purchased to travel on Italo.
Why is it smart to recommend a Eurail Pass?
- No need for individual tickets for multiple trips.
- Ideal choice when traveling to multiple destinations within Europe or in a single country
- Best suited for lengthy or complex itineraries in Europe
- More flexibility to design a route and timetable without always being fixed to a certain time and place
- Different pass types and periods of validity to accommodate every traveling style
- Discount available for two or more people who are traveling together (Saver pass)
- Substantial youth discount for passengers aged 27 and under
- Up to two children aged 0-11 travel for free with each adult
- In case you miss a train that has been reserved, only the cost of the reservation is lost. A new reservation can be made locally if needed
- Book up to 11-months in advance of the first travel date
- Includes offers or discounts on scenic routes and ferries
- Extensive benefits offering discounts on private trains, buses, ferries, boats, city cards and sightseeing attractions